- Faith–“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Cor. 5:7
- Spirituality–“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” Gal. 5:16
- Consistency–“I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called.” Eph. 4:1
- Love–“And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us.” Eph. 5:2
- Wisdom–“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise.” Eph. 5:15
- Light–“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7
- Christlikeness–“Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.” 1 John 2:6
These 7 verses all talk about our walk. Each verse brings us a facet of that walk. We must avail ourselves of every awareness, following Jesus is indeed a “walk.” We take steps that will lead us into an vast eternity with our Savior. We move spiritually from one place to a closer place. We walk forward, and not back. We move ahead, and each day closer to our Lord. Time, you see, only exists to bring us that much nearer to Jesus.
To walk means progression. It also is destiny. Some of the greatest works in literature is the book, “Pilgrim’s Progress,” by John Bunyan. It is a book about walking. We are all walking toward home. It is challenging to make this journey through tremendous issues. We all are making progress as we travel home.
The issues are “faith, spirituality, consistency, love, wisdom, light and christlikeness.” Which of these are we prepared to ditch? If we concentrate on each of these, we find that we can’t give up any of them. They all are dear and fundamental to an authentic faith.
Walking can be strenuous. When we walk it means we have direction and a goal in mind. It is almost never done aimlessly. As we walk, we begin to unfold these seven issues. We will find that the Father inserts us into situations and circumstances where we get to unveil these seven. We will enter into events where we take on certain qualities. As we walk we learn the behavior of our Lord. And that dear ones, can’t be all bad.