Five Things to Do Before Saturday’s Rapture (Maybe)
Whether or not Mr. Camping has done the math correctly could be possible. Many things could possibly align and I certainly don’t have enough to figure this out. So much publicity has been given to Saturday’s projected flight out. And it definitely intrigues me that, the skeptics and unbelievers are having so much fun over Christians who are slowing down, and even stop in their tracks when they consider the reality of the rapture.
I’ve put down my personal bucket list. It lists five things I plan to do, immediately. Now, this is coming from a simple guy, with issues of course. (To those closest to me– and yes, I am a born-again Christian! Lol.)
1) Peel off all that blocks me from Jesus’ love and presence. I want to be prepared to look him in his face without shame.
2) Step up and begin to pray and praise. To trust and not to fear.
3) Draw closer to my wife. I want my children to know my love. I want to know that they are preparing themselves.
4) I want to leave behind this blog, notes, my library and Bibles (many contain notes) for anyone left behind who can get to them first. I know this seems strange, but my strong suit has never been normalcy. Get them while you can.
And finally #5…
5) Actually, I’m doing it right now. I want to encourage you, to fortify you in the love and grace of our mutual Savior, Jesus Christ. I want you to be ready to meet him. I want you to know this for sure.
Will Jesus rapture his Church this Saturday? I really can’t tell you that, he may come Friday, or even next Friday (or even next Saturday.) But we must live with this truth—his return is imminent and soon, and then we should live like it.
I’m signing off, now. “Here–there–or in the air.”