I originally posted this on my blog, Linda Kruschke’s Blog, for a “Thankful Thursday” post. But I really feel like the Lord wrote such a wonderful poem through me that I wanted to share it here at Broken Believers, also.
God With Us
Glory of the Holy One, robed in majesty
Omnipresent King of kings, deserving pageantry
Deity incarnate be, because of love for you and me
Willingly He came to earth, left His throne behind
Immanuel, Son of God, seeking to redeem mankind
To leave mankind dead in sin was not what He designed
His love and mercy, on the cross, there with grace combined
Understanding His great love is for us what Christ desires
Sinners to trust in Him alone is all our God requires
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”
(which means “God with us”).
Matthew 1:22-23 (NIV).
- Immanuel – God with Us! (coffeehouseapologetics.wordpress.com)
- Hope In Immanuel: The Meaning Of Christmas (Part 2) (paulstohler.com)
- A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words (brokenbelievers.com)
- The Word Was True (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Immanuel – God with Us! (ntmusings.wordpress.com)