- I was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at a very young age, lol.
- My parents were very young, my mom 16 and my dad was almost 18.
- I grew up in Northern Wisconsin. In a brick farmhouse. I used a hand-pump and an outdoor toilet for awhile.
- I was very close to my great-grand parents, Ben and Eva Tarbox.
- I joined the Army when I was 17, and stationed in Hawaii, was a hospital corpsmen.
- When discharged I came to Homer, Alaska to attend the Alaska Bible Institute. I graduated in 1984.
- Lynn and I met in 1987 in San Francisco, we married in 1989 and lived in the city for several months.
- I was stranded for 36 hours in a small car north of Fairbanks in January 1986. It got down to 30 below zero. A week later I was almost burned to death in a cabin fire. I have lots of scar tissue on my back.
- I drove an old van from Mexico to Alaska in 1998, I patched a big hole in the gas tank using a bar of lye soap. I drove it all the way to Homer without it leaking. Go figure.
- I pastored Kachemak Bay Christian Church for three years. I loved it.
- I had several medical crisis’ beginning in 2002. Brain surgery was needed, I found I had contracted HCV in 2003.
- I aspire to be a writer. I’m now negotiating with a publisher. I also have three blogs.
- I have severe tinnitus. I hear noise all the time. It gets old.
- As a boy, my dream was to be a writer, or a forester.
For Those Following Jesus with a Limp, the Mentally Ill, the Rascal and the Struggler
A Teaching Ministry of Bryan Lowe
- 1,167,252 hits
Search: Basic, but Complete
Last 20 Posts Published
- Worshiping With a Knife September 22, 2017
- Deeply Hurt September 21, 2017
- A Butterfly in the Storm September 20, 2017
- Dancing With Bruises September 19, 2017
- Traversing Valleys September 18, 2017
- Meandering Intensely Through Grace September 17, 2017
- Drowning in Despair September 15, 2017
- It Comes With Great Purpose September 14, 2017
- Those ‘Marginal’ People September 12, 2017
- The Two-Minute Bible School September 11, 2017
- Mastered by Jesus September 10, 2017
- The Giant Mocks Us September 9, 2017
- When We Are Crushed September 8, 2017
- “Darkness is My Only Companion” September 7, 2017
- A Broken Spirit September 6, 2017
- The Wind That Lifts You Up September 5, 2017
- A Poured Out Life September 4, 2017
- Loyalty to Our Friends September 3, 2017
- He Chose Suffering September 2, 2017
- Filthy Rags September 1, 2017
The Cloudadvice affliction an intense love battle believer Bible promises broken believers brokenness Bryan's comments depression despair devotional difficulties discernment discipleship encouragement endurance faith following Jesus God grace Jesus Christ lessons learned, life life lessons love mental illness personal comments pleasing God presence of God ragamuffins rascals and strugglers rest in God Serving Mentally Ill Christians sin spiritual lessons trust understanding Very helpful wisdom
- Follow Broken Believers on WordPress.com
Broken Believers is all about serving through a message of Christian discipleship and helping Christians with mental illnesses.